ArchMS Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ArchMS Community

ArchMS Community

2 posters

Problem with ArchMS.exe file

Figment
    Registered

Problem with ArchMS.exe file Empty Problem with ArchMS.exe file

Post by Figment Sun May 17, 2015 8:51 am

So after I installed the game maybe a day and a half I start getting these Malwarebytes notifications (and later Microsoft essential after re-enabling it) that a bunch of my files have been infected by a Ramnit virus. In the process of saving some of the files that weren't completely fucked up by the virus, I chose to do a virus check on my other computer on the ArchMS files and funnily enough I find the same virus that infected my laptop. Mind you these files were freshly downloaded from the website. http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanresult/6ea60bdea9c0789e2dea1f0e56441ec48cece48e. Any explanations?
    ThatOneGuy
    ThatOneGuy
    VIP
    VIP

Problem with ArchMS.exe file Empty Re: Problem with ArchMS.exe file

Post by ThatOneGuy Sun May 17, 2015 10:39 am

Been looking into it after this post and there does seem to be a ramnit problem. Have you checked if its just the v55 setup or client that is the problem? Because from past experience I never liked mediafire hosting files....

Edit: it is the archms Client
    ThatOneGuy
    ThatOneGuy
    VIP
    VIP

Post by ThatOneGuy Sun May 17, 2015 11:14 am

Sorry I didn't find this sooner, ever since I went Linux I really don't care about what happens to my windowsvms. Didn't have any anitvirus until I want to see how hard it would be to clean. After deleting all Archms stuff Avast was able to repair almost all files with default settings, did take a little while though Rolling Eyes But this is a serious issue for the server. Thank you so much posting this!

Edit: off a fresh downloaded client I was able to repair the client and my system is still clean, not the best solution but it is a remedy for right now Neutral Now going to check the v55 download
    ThatOneGuy
    ThatOneGuy
    VIP
    VIP

Post by ThatOneGuy Sun May 17, 2015 2:56 pm

Newest update is, with Avast I was able to repair the Archmsclient.zip (ramnit problem) then extracted it. With that moved on to re-downloading MSSetupV55 and it came up clean. Installed and moved client files in and Ran archMS to check if i could still connect and that’s good too. Finally finished up with a full system scan and everything was still clean compared to the 120 something infected off a week old WinXP installation before hand Smile
    Figment
    Registered

Post by Figment Sun May 17, 2015 8:16 pm

Awesome I'll give it a try, lost a bunch of html file but it's cool. Hopefully it doesn't somehow come back again lol. Still wondering why that certain virus was on it since it usually isn't one used for connecting.
    Figment
    Registered

Post by Figment Sun May 17, 2015 8:31 pm

This is the new virus scan after cleaning the file, which looks more in line with what other servers use (for anyone worried) http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanresult/5a6a2e16d52b3e8065af80ebbfd17c7776d242b3.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:30 am