ArchMS Community

ArchMS Community

Windows 8/8.1 and Mac OSX

littlesheep
    Registered

Windows 8/8.1 and Mac OSX

Post by littlesheep on Sat May 23, 2015 6:46 am

Windows 8/8.1

• I've tried using Lolwut to work on 8/8.1 and get no results.
    • I've tried changing capability to Windows 7 and Windows XP sp3.
    • Tried reinstalling Maple and the client.

Any help would be much appreciated!

https://forum.ragezone.com/f690/lolwut-play-maplestory-windows-8-a-946935/ <--- link to the forum for Lolwut

Mac OSX

• As of right now I have made progress importing ArchMS into Wine for Mac OSX Yosemite.
    • Needs to be tested on Mac OSX Power PC (AMD based Mac)
    • There is a problem with it crashing to error "unable to connect to login server" or "error code 1100 (Unknown error 0x2AF9)".
    • I'll be uploading it to MEGA, Outlook and Googledrive.
    • I'll update if client updates and make a guide for manual client update if there is one.

As of right now it doesn't work but I am troubleshooting it.

Recommendation

• Please make it a .exe to run from instead of a .bat file! I would much appreciate it.

Problems

• I believe there is a mix up with the servers localhost name.
    • Unknown MySQL server host 'HostName' (11001)'' <-- that is the error you get when running the bat under Wine. I believe this also applies to part of the problem with Windows 8/8.1
    • Since this server was originally MaplestoryIL and is was a v62 server this could be a problem -----> https://forum.ragezone.com/f429/gms-v62-maplestoryil-low-rates-1016487/

Suggestions

• Switch to an actual v55 or switch to v62. 
    • Get the SQL hostname fixed so we can stop running from a .bat file.
    • Choose a different source OdinMS, SineMS, MoograMS, etc.. you can find all Repack/Source's v55 and v62 ----> http://maplestorylibary.weebly.com/repacksource.html

I personally do not know anything about the Repack/Source they are using neither do I know anything of there SQL server to help.

Last edited by littlesheep on Sat May 23, 2015 6:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Amir
    Super GM
    Super GM

Re: Windows 8/8.1 and Mac OSX

Post by Amir on Sat May 23, 2015 3:50 pm

Try to change the compatibility of the local host and the bat file
    Click Setup.exe in the folder and just keep playing around with it till it works because i had the same problem. I run windows 8

littlesheep
    Registered

Post by littlesheep on Sat May 23, 2015 5:46 pm

Amir wrote:Try to change the compatibility of the local host and the bat file
    Click Setup.exe in the folder and just keep playing around with it till it works because i had the same problem. I run windows 8
    I'll try it later today. This still doesn't answer my question about the .bat file. I've never played a server that used a .bat file to execute an .exe. I actually find it quite silly.

I would also like to know what you put your compatibilities at so I can fix it for Windows 8/8.1

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:45 am